I was drawn to the helping profession through my love for relationships, ministry experiences and a deep desire to understand emotional processes and healing. A wealth of life experience provides me with an ability to understand common patterns which affect most people in their journeys. I have a passion for emotional healing that improves relationships and the overall quality of daily experiences for each individual and family.
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Oregon (LMFT License #T1205 LPC License #C4179) and a graduate of George Fox University with a Master of Arts in Individual, Couples and Family Counseling. I am also a Nationally Certified Counselor through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NCC #342266) and a Registered Play Therapist.
I am privileged to work with families and individuals from young children through older adults. I enjoy engaging with young children in play therapy on up through teens and adults who have a desire or need for hope and change. Helping
couples find the connection and safety with each other they crave is also a privilege and a joy. My goal is to serve others and truly make a difference as I walk beside and assist in the navigation of life challenges as clients find
wholeness for themselves and in their relationships.
In addition to my training, I have had over 20 years of experience working with individuals, couples, and families in faith based environments and educational/training situations. I have raised children of my own and understand the struggles that parents experience along with the varied dynamics of family relationships.
My studies and specialized training and experience include:
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Play Therapy and various play therapy intervention techniques
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Shame and Grace
- Spiritual Identity
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Clarification Training
- Behavioral issues
- Aspergers Syndrome
I am a member of:
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) and Oregon Division (OAMFT)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- Board member for Oregon Play Therapy Association (ORAPT)
- Northwest Institute of Integrative Counseling and Training (NWIICT)
- Margaret Fuller is listed at AllTherapist.com
- Visit my profile on Psychology Today
- Visit my profile on Faith Happenings